Author: Frederick G. Naerebout, Henk W. Singor
Antiquity: Greeks and Romans in Context
Size: 17.2 Mb
Antiquity: Greeks and Romans in Context provides a chronological introduction to the history of ancient Mediterranean civilizations within the larger context of its contemporary Eurasian world.
- Innovative approach organizes Greek and Roman history into a single chronology
- Combines the traditional historical story with subjects that are central to modern research into the ancient world including a range of social, cultural, and political topics
- Facilitates an understanding of the ancient Mediterranean world as a unity, just as the Mediterranean world is in its turn presented as part of a larger whole
- Covers the entire ancient Mediterranean world from pre-history through to the rise of Islam in the seventh century A.D.
- Features a diverse collection of images, maps, diagrams, tables, and a chronological chart to aid comprehension
- English translation of a well-known Dutch book, De oudheid, now in its third edition